Search Unity

Question on unity forum tutorials

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Deleted User, May 24, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi all,
    I just finished a thread where the question was not inserted in the correct forum and I was not very polite. Sorry.

I wish to start fresh and put this down. Some of the tutorials that i come across are very short or not very useful. This is one of them where no instructions are given on how to use them - unless you happen to be guided by some other tutorials.

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/integration/log-viewer-12047

Can anyone understand this without any instructions? Can we send feedback to the unity team? or do i go to the website to send feedback? Which is best?

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

This is an asset store product, it's not developed by Unity but a third party. If you have feedback for this then you need to send it directly to the developer.
    The description says

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

No wonder it's confusing. Are you from the unity development team?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

My next question requires this screenshot. Do I need to match the syntax with the version I'm using? Or I can just read the manuals? How is this used? I put a question mark because this confuses me. Why so many versions? Shouldn't they all work the same way? Or just read the latest version and expect the same results for all versions?

Attached Files:

5. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It shows you what versions have that API/Feature.

For example, SerializeReference was introduced in 2019.3, so the docs for earlier versions do not have this feature:

upload_2020-5-24_15-43-58.png

Read the docs for the versions you are using.

Supported - Means this version of Unity is still being supported with patch releases(bug fixes).
    Legacy - Means this version is no longer supported with Patch releases.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

thank you.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

no reply so deleted.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2020