Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Question] Is your PSDP size 1GB or greater?

Discussion in 'PSM' started by mehulshukla, May 27, 2014.

1. mehulshukla

mehulshukla

SCEE Dev Support PSM

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. blackbird

blackbird

Of course greater is better and make a lot of stuff easier please make it above 2 GB i really need it for my game unless Sony want that developers make juste Mini games with psm in that case i will try to contact Nintendo if i can release my game on Wii u

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. someunityguy

someunityguy

My major graphics heavy game is above 1GB - at least 2gb would be my personal choice if you have to impose a limit.

4. Spidyy

Spidyy

From my side, it shouldn't exceed 1GB.

5. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

My game its not a mini, but I'm developing for PSM because I cannot afford another license type. So for me, 2GB would be much better.

6. daisySa

daisySa

We'd like to port our PC/Mac game to Vita if possible but the build size is 2.9GB. We may be able to reduce that to under 2GB, but that's the absolute minimum we'd need.

7. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

Lowering those Mac Retina sized images to Vita size will help a lot I'm guessing haha, Still though, thats a large game you have there, whats it called? I'l give it a download :)

8. miniduck

miniduck

How exactly is the size checked?
    I've been shrinking my assets slowly until I got rid of the >1024 error but my psdp was only 325MB?
    psmp master ended up at 314MB

9. Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle

Well its not assets lol I have 50gb of assets in my project

10. miniduck

miniduck

Apologies I meant size & compression.

11. skaarjslayer

skaarjslayer

Considering that the PS Vita doesn't even have a GB of RAM (512 mb of main memory, and 128 mb of VRAM, only 96 of which is available to use or so I've heard), a graphics heavy game or a game with a huge amount of assets wouldn't even be a good choice for the Vita anyway unless you want your game to crash all the time.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/ps-vita/PS_Vita_Tech_Specs

EDIT: Correction, make that 184 mb of system memory available and 87 mb of video memory.

https://psm.playstation.net/static/...psm/en/Documentation/Manual/PSMTechSpecs.html

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  12. treygner

treygner

This is unrelated, you do not load all your content at the same time. If your game has a lot of levels, with different content , you may have a package bigger thant 1GB without crashing.

I imagine the limit can easily be bypassed using Assets Bundles.
    But for a user point of view this is not the best as it means he will have to download them AFTER the installation.So I think this is better to have the full game once you have downloaded it from the store.

13. AlexGK

AlexGK

Mine is 42 MB right now, and I think it's way too huge.

14. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

42mb is nothing, thats like 10 seconds to download.
    I remember having to leave stuff on for two days to download a game or movie. ^_^ memories

15. PeterD

PeterD

As some have pointed out. The size is measured as follows.
    Total PSDP file size should be 1gb or less.
    When loading the game into the Vita memory each scene should adhere to the max 96mb of textures/models at any given time and no more than.400mb of game data.
    Failing to take the latter constraints into account seems to be what is causing the majority of headaches for people. With a lot assuming that the 1gb limit means that their game can load 1gb of assets into the vita memory at runtime.