Search Unity

[question] GPU Nvidia Game Ready Drivers or Studio Drivers for Game Design and Development?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlanMattano, Aug 16, 2019.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

After Windows 10 update 1903 my GPU is not recognised. I will try to uninstall using DDU and reinstall.

I need to choose a GPU driver for my 1080Ti. There is this two options: Game Ready Drivers or Studio Drivers
    I'm using Photoshop, Blender, Painter, Unity software and occasionally play 3D games like Elite other simulators.
    What fits better with Unity, Otoy, Ai, etc?
    I presume Studio Drivers for "content creator who prioritizes stability and quality for creative workflows including video editing, animation, photography, graphic design, and live streaming"

But what is your experience?

AntonioModer likes this.
  2. chosen_1

chosen_1

I say game ready drivers. Here is why.

As you design your game you would like to know how the user will experience the game. i.e any graphical problems and such. So use what your users are going to use so that you can do some testing to make sure it all looks and functions correctly

Joe-Censored likes this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'd go this route unless I ran into a specific problem that can only be resolved with the other driver. Most likely the differences between the drivers are some minor optimizations and bug fixes for their intended use case, but most of it probably comes down to the QA process. It is unlikely the studio drivers are at all tested in any games before they ship.