Search Unity

question for any I clone 7 users

Discussion in 'Animation' started by CRISTALSONIC, Sep 25, 2017.

1. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

ok so once my I clone character is in unity I find my self with an animation problem. on one hand i can use animations from the asset store with do work but leave ma character with a dopey face with there mouth open. or the other hand I can make my animations in I clone to find them broken in unity such as a twisted leg or stretched fingers. I could really use some help here how do we fix this?

I'm also finding that wen i do get an animation to work it only works for the one character it was imported with and asset sore animations don't work with the character in this case.

I have not taken any classes in 3D modelling or animations yet and have been stuck on this problom for about a year now. :(

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Have you reviewed the animation training material in depth?
    For animations only working on one character - seems the avatar definitions for either the character or the animations are the issue. You also have to make sure the animations that you apply the character avatar to - are humanoid.

There is a pretty in-dpeth live training session on animation that goes through and shows solutions to a lot of issues you are encountering, including the dopey face with mouth open. These problems are not exclusive to iclone users.
    The open mouth issue is nearly always due to the character having a jaw bone and the retargeting animation not having that bone. One solution to this is to set up a layer mask when generating the motion flow, though I don't remember what the solution was in the live training.

The bottom line that needs to be understood here is the character and the animations have to be humanoid compatible and use the same avatar definition, usually the characters avatar.
    Here is the training session
    https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials...ve-training-archive/character-animation-setup

3. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

thinks I will look into that.

i also got unity pro recently so i will look into the classes that come with that to :)

4. CRISTALSONIC

CRISTALSONIC

well that put me on the right track thanks :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.