Search Unity

Question: Are you allowed to make ad-supported editor extensions?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PlanetTimmy, Sep 30, 2011.

1. PlanetTimmy

PlanetTimmy

I was just wondering - what is the Unity opinion on putting free ad-supported editor extensions on the Asset Store?

My guess is that it would be unacceptable to have an ad in a window that permanently used up screen real-estate, but if you perhaps had it at the bottom of a scrollable section or something like that, it might be acceptable.

2. john-essy

john-essy

Why on earth would we want adds whilst making our games or do i have the wrong end of the stick. Make things that will help not stop us from using your things:)

3. Dreamora

Dreamora

Agreed, even if you could do, do you really think anybody would use your editor?
    This is a dev environment not a "morron will click a banner" environment where you can hope to get money ;)

Also how many ad systems are there to use? all major ones would not even be allowed to be used in such a context or standalone applications.

4. runonthespot

runonthespot

I think I would rather chew on broken glass that deal with an ad from an editor extension.

5. psyclone

psyclone

Yes you probably are, but I for one won't use a Ad Supported Extension... I rather pay more for one without, especially if it was something id want to use.