Search Unity

Question Question about WindowsMRGestureSubsystem

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by LievenVdA, Feb 12, 2021.

1. LievenVdA

LievenVdA

Hi all,

I am working on a new HoloLens project and decided to start using the new XR plugin system instead of the now deprecated Legacy XR System. We want to support airtap and this works by using the Windows XR Plugin (2.5.2) and the WindowsMRGestureSubsystem. With the subsystem I am able to detect air taps and hold gestures, but my biggest issue is that it does not seem to indicate what hand this is coming from. This means that if each hand is pointing to a different interactable in the scene, there's no real way of knowing what interactable was airtapped.

Did I miss something here, is there a way of knowing which hand did the gesture via the gesture subsystem? Because this is quite the dealbreaker for me. Any help is hugely appreciated!

2. LievenVdA

LievenVdA

Bumping this, because it is really blocking me. Is there noone experiencing the same issues? If we're using the old
    UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input we can actually get the handedness of a gesture, but the new system does not seem to have this functionality. The old system does have a lot of deprecated messages that say we should update to the new XR Plugin system. Updating is ok for us, but right now it just feels more like a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

3. Matt_D_work

Matt_D_work

Unity Technologies

Please raise a bug on this!