Search Unity

Question about the store

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Bixx, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Bixx

Bixx

I read someone's post on this forum that was saying some of the items in the store have different licenses on them, for instance some apparently are not allowed to be used in something outside of the Unity Engine due to their specific license, however when I've looked at different items in the store, I don't see anywhere where it mentions a license on their pages? If someone could assist me with this I'd be grateful, thank you.

A Quote of the post that mentions it:

2. orb

orb

Anything without any special, custom licence follows the standard store licence, which DOES allow you to use it in whatever.

"2. END-USER's Rights and Obligations" here:
    https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms

2.2.1 is the one allowing you use of assets by default. It lets you mix and modify anything, and use the assets in any game. 2.2.2 is for editor assets, which of course are different. Lots of custom licensing there.

Custom licensing should be pretty clear. Technically it means it doesn't matter which engine you use Unity Technologies assets in if there is no special licence :)

Here's an example of an official UT asset with a custom licence though: Unity-chan

3. Bixx

Bixx

Thank you very much!

4. Ryiah

Ryiah