Search Unity

Question about the pro version.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CCnockaert, Jan 13, 2019.

1. CCnockaert

CCnockaert

Hello,

if I buy one month of the pro version of Unity, I'll not get the access to the Unity Game Courses right ?
    Any way to buy those courses ?

2. You can't buy one month as far as I know. There is a 12 months commitment period.
    You do not need Pro for this, you can have Plus which is considerably cheaper.
    I do not think you can access those Unity courses outside of that program. But I do not think you should buy either Pro or Plus just because of those training. You can find plenty of tutorials and various training across the board online for fee or for free (Udemy for example).
    If you're crazy like me you will buy the one year Plus subscription regardless. :D

CCnockaert likes this.
  3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Honestly these courses are far overrated and last I checked weren't even complete. Plus nothing they cover isn't already covered by the free official tutorials. I wouldn't straight up say you're throwing money away by getting them since you do get access to the assets they come with, but it's not too far from that.

https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

For paid tutorials check out Udemy. Ben Tristem has a course that is almost always on sale for like $11 (if it isn't on-sale right now just make an account and wait a week - they'll send you coupon codes) and unlike the Unity courses this isn't a subscription. It's a one-time purchase.

https://www.udemy.com/unitycourse2/

CCnockaert and Kiwasi like this.
  4. CCnockaert

CCnockaert

Thanks a lot for your answers
    I took the Ben T. courses, i'll buy the Unity Plus version later to support this awesome company

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

For what it is worth, I've had Unity Pro or Plus for like 6 years and never once considered using those courses. Maybe they are awesome? I don't know. But I'm sure they aren't hiding any secret sauce behind the pay wall.

CCnockaert, Ryiah and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

If you need to buy Plus or Pro, then buy it.

Otherwise, if you have money to spare, please give them to a charity or something instead of giving them to Unity.

PS: I don't think the courses are worth it.

7. CCnockaert

CCnockaert

Why not support Unity?
    The work of their team is amazing, they give access to much of their software for free, which makes me a little sad because the Plus and Pro versions are for people more advanced in Unity and I have no real way to support this company by buying one of their product that would be useful to me.
    Btw ... I know it's well intentioned, but I do not see what the charities are doing here.

---------

I wonder if you have any other course which could be useful to me ?

8. Do not buy them in advance. Buy one, go through with it, learn the sh.t out of it and come back. You may not need more than one, you can easily switch gears under one course and be a self-learner. Who knows. Although don't be shy if you don't, it's okay. Then you will get another one and at the end you will get there where you don't really need those just for some very specific subjects and those usually can be found outside of the course-ware.

Ryiah likes this.