Search Unity

Question about Standard Events

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by topitsky, Mar 1, 2021.

1. topitsky

topitsky

My goal is to find out which moods and color schemes, fit a randomly generated level.
    The levels use the same integer seed to generate, but switch the mood randomly.
    My aim is to use data to figure out which moods fit which levels the best.

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void CompleteAnalytics()
    2.     {
    3.         Dictionary<string, object> customParams = new Dictionary<string, object>();
    5.         customParams.Add("completion_time", this.completionTime);
    6.         customParams.Add("mood", this.Mood.Id);
    8.         AnalyticsEvent.LevelComplete(this.LevelData.seed, customParams);
    9.     }
    11.     public void StartAnalytics()
    12.     {
    13.         Dictionary<string, object> customParams = new Dictionary<string, object>();
    14.         customParams.Add("mood", this.Mood.Id);
    15.         AnalyticsEvent.LevelStart(this.LevelData.seed, customParams);
    16.     }
    Is this the correct way?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@topitsky Whichever structure you decide upon, I would highly encourage you to create a test report as soon as possible in your Dashboard to confirm that the event structure will work for you.

3. topitsky

topitsky

Do I need a funnel for this? I don't understand, I'm able to see my custom event parameters in the Dashboard, but the data is not linked in anyway. I need to know the completion time for each seed generated, linked with mood, so I can do comparison which performs the best.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct, our Dashboard does not support Drill Down and is why I suggested that you make a report early. For your case, you would likely need Raw Data Export (a Pro-only license feature) https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/...ries-with-Unity-Analytics-and-Raw-Data-Export

5. topitsky

topitsky

Oh damn thats expensive. You dont see any otherway of having the seed as key, and mood as the only attribute, and somehow linking them? Otherwise I think I have a look at Firebase

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You might also want to look at deltaDNA which we recently acquired. We will be moving in this direction https://unity.com/products/deltadna

7. topitsky

topitsky

well, i could basically send the whole thing as a string like "seed:1, mood:1", then look at the count of unique strings, but thats pretty dumb.