Search Unity

Question about pricing

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by DFT-Games, Aug 15, 2015.

1. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi,

I keep reading the phrase "free in Beta"... so the question is: I'm using Flurry extensively and it's free: will it actually be advisable for me to move to Unity Analytics as it will soon be a paid service?

Can UA people give me some more info about this? Analytic services are a repository that we want to keep unique, so moving to UA means moving all the games: will this make sense? To move from a free service to one that will be paid for? To what end?

Some more info on this will be really appreciated.

Regards,
    Pino

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @DFT Games,

Pricing has not been finalized yet, however there will always be a free tier of Unity Analytics available to all Unity developers. We have yet to finalize the differences in features available for the free or paid versions but will announce this information as soon as it becomes available.

It is also very common that developers will use Unity Analytics in tandem with other analytics solutions, such as Flurry, so there is no need to rely on only one!

3. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

Hi @mpinol,

Thanks for the answer! I know that in principle we should cross analyze data collected via multiple services but... indies have no time and very little money... I'd like very much to have time to do cross reference analysis... but I already sleep just 5 hours a day as it is ;)

Good to know that there will be a free tier for us: moving to a single provider perfectly integrated in the engine itself is great value... I might even go back at sleeping 6 hours a day!!!

gurdotan and DalerHakimov like this.