Search Unity

Question Question about pre loading an ad

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by qiveal, Feb 15, 2023.

1. qiveal

qiveal

Hello, so say I have a 5-minute-long game that's replayable. I prompt my user to play a rewarded ad roughly 50% of the time at the end of the game. In my game I would only like to prompt the user if they have a good internet connection therefor they will be able to actually play the ad. So I would like to preload the ad at the beginning of every game using Advertisement.Load(). That way if the user says they do want to play a rewarded ad they can flawlessly. My question is, there will be a lot of times when the user says no and we have a wasted call of Advertisement.Load(), can I get in trouble by Unity for calling Advertisement.Load() to much without actually showing the ad? Please note, this means I would be calling Advertisement.Load() at the beginning of every game.

2. Carl_UnityDSE

Carl_UnityDSE

Unity Technologies

Hello @qiveal,

It is unlikely that requesting to load an ad more times than showing it would cause violations of our Terms of Service. However, as technical support, I cannot comment much on fraud questions.

In most apps, the user requests an ad and then the loading of the ad is initiated. Once the ad has loaded it is shown, to the users.

You can read about our Terms of Service and Invalid Activity Policy.