Search Unity

Question about Paypal warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GoofyRaider, Jul 14, 2019.

1. GoofyRaider

GoofyRaider

According to warnings in the thread about Paypal Warning (https://forum.unity.com/threads/pay...actions-you-will-get-ripped-off.140455/page-3), in your opinion is it safe now? I have been dealing with Paypal a few times, maybe more, I still have an account and funds on it, but I have not used it for a long time. When I was looking at Google: Paypal scam fraud review I had a decent reading. My short cool story: (you do not have to read)
    I used Paypal for many months, I ordered food and I did not have any problems. I even bought a Steam game once. Before Christmas, a friend sent me $ 350 via Paypal, so I waited. It turned out that Paypal orders me to verify ID and invoice - so I sent them to them. I did not see any money for the entire holidays, verification lasted over 3 weeks. After a month, I'm calling and asking where my money is and why I have a blocked account? Apparently their system showed that I already have unlocked, even though I did not have xD.
    So what does it look like now, still not worth using Paypal?

2. Mauri

Mauri

I'm using PayPal for years for all sorts of things (Asset Store purchases, for example) and never had any issue(s).
    It's true that you need to verify your account when sending/receiving/withdrawing large sums. (I guess this is for security reasons?!).

BTW: The thread you linked to is from 2012.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Ryiah likes this.
  3. Antypodish

Antypodish

Isn't this spam post?

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

If it is then they suck at spamming. :p

Joe-Censored and Antypodish like this.
  5. Mauri

Mauri

Now that you say it... Could be :p But... usually, it's about Keto diets and strange videos embedded into the post or external links going to some shady websites, whereas this post above actually sounds reasonable?

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

Only reasonable is the link and its contexts. Rest OP don't event mention Unity, nor anything game dev related.
    I think this thread is only open, because linked thread is closed.

7. Ryiah

Ryiah

Most likely what happened is they were searching for any information on the safety of using PayPal, found the thread they linked, and then created an account assuming this was the place to discuss it. It's not spam in the normal sense, but it's not a game development topic either.

Antypodish likes this.
  8. GoofyRaider

GoofyRaider

Ekhm
    Hello
    No it's not spam post.... Ehhhh :(