Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about overriding existing clips

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by roeeamar123, Jul 12, 2018.

1. roeeamar123

roeeamar123

Hey there!

I've been using timeline in my project for many different things and I think it's a great tool, and the ability to extend it using user-generated playable clips is awesome.
    But I just thought about some feature I might need on my specific game to reduce a lot of work from my workflow involving the animation clips, so I decided to go ahead and override that animation clip in order to extend it to my use-case.
    But it seems that this class is for some reason sealed, and therefore I cannot override it.

Why is that? I think user generated extensions to this specific track type can create some really creative stuff because of how heavily it is integrated with the editor.

Also, am I just wrong and there is a way to override this track type?

Also, keep up the good work, amazing new features are always improving my workflow and I can't wait to see what using Unity will be like even just a few years from now :)

2. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

roeeamar123 likes this.