Search Unity

Question about models from Mixamo and import in Unity, I got confused

Discussion in 'Animation' started by plaguebreath, Jul 7, 2019.

1. plaguebreath

plaguebreath

Hello everyone, I am try to importing a model from Mixamo and use animation for control it. The first part of the confusion is related to the part where I import the animation inside unity and start to explore the property of it, inside the Rig tab you can choose different kind of setup like Generic and Humanoid. Why on some tutorial they explain you must use generic and in some humanoid ? It happened to me for example with the zombie model from unity that if you set it as Generic the Fallback animation work properly, if I set it as Humanoid it being applied a sorta of offset where the zombie instead of fall on floor, fall on mid air :)
    The other part that make me confused is this one. I create a gameobject call it zombie and assign animator to it, then I take an animation, let's say iddle and assign it too in the animator, now I want to check the animation and it say it's all ok and no (missing part) error appears.Instead I start with a gameobject with some property, a collider, an animator, and then I add as a child another gameobject that contain the prefabbed model where I remove the animator. Now if I add the animation in this situation I got a gazillion yellow error message (like in the image below) regarding my animation but it still play correctly. Catturab.PNG
    How to fix it ? Sorry for my bad english but I hope I explain correctly my problem.

2. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

I had a rough time with importing the Mixamo animations as well. Here's what works for me.

1. Under Rig: Set the animation to Humanoid and set the Avatar Definition to Copy From Other Avatar(the one you're trying to use the animation on, I use the model that I rigged on Mixamo).

2. Under Animation: Turn Anim. Compression Off and set the Root Motion Node to <Root Transform>

3. Under Model: Un-check Convert Units, I also uncheck everything else but that is probably not needed. Hit Apply.

4. Check Rig again: There is always a warning and an Update button. Press the Update button and press Apply again.

5. There is no warning under the Rig and the animation works correctly.

I hope this works for you.;)

The yellow warnings are just that, warnings. Try to configure your character and see if that helps.

xjjon, lloydv and plaguebreath like this.
  3. plaguebreath

plaguebreath

Thank you, I will try to follow your suggestions and see if they apply to my problem. BTW that could be the cause of my problem where a model fall or jump and it's seems to be offsetted on y axis ?

4. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

Yes, that's exactly what was happening to my animations. The avatar was either sunk in the ground or flying..

plaguebreath likes this.
  5. xjjon

xjjon

Very helpful - the root transform is not needed for all aniamtions (unless you want root movement)

For example walking (no needed), but death animation (yes)

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.