Search Unity

Question about funnels

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by cephalo2, May 7, 2019.

1. cephalo2

cephalo2

I have a couple of funnels that track a users progress through the tutorials in my game. There are 5 tutorials, but so far nobody is going past three tutorials according to the funnel. However, the data explorer shows that some people have started and completed the 4th and 5th tutorials. Why aren't those showing up in the funnels?

Is it because people are finishing the tutorials in a subsequent session? I'm not really sure how a funnel is supposed to work. I was hoping it would just how many of my audience triggered a particular event.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Your understanding is correct. It takes our system 8-16 hours to process new events, so perhaps you just need to wait some more time. Also, the steps must be completed in sequential order, with no skipping of steps (tutorials, in your case).

3. cephalo2

cephalo2

Ok, since my tutorials will often take more than one session to complete, I should probably have smaller funnels for each tutorial to see if people are eventually finishing them.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Across sessions works just fine, but the step completion must be in the correct order

cephalo2 likes this.