Search Unity

Question about "directed for children under the age of 13" part in adding a new game.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by xJames, Nov 18, 2014.

1. xJames

xJames

I don't quite understand what it's asking. Is it asking if my game is specifically made for children under 13 or if my game allows those under 13? My game's rating on the App Store is 4+ but it's intended for all audiences. I assumed it meant if it'll have those under 13 so I selected the option that it is "directed" for them. I'm not sure if I did this correctly. Will this affect the types of ads I receive or is this only related to information gathering?

EliasSchafer likes this.
  2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

3. xJames

xJames

Thank you.

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  4. efge

efge

Can we change this setting later?

5. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

I can change it for you manually. We don't have a way to do it through the admin yet. Send me a private conversation with your game ID and I'll make the change.

EDIT: Unfortunately with the new UDN projects, we aren't able to make these changes anymore. This setting is locked once Unity Ads or Unity Analytics are enabled for the project. The reason being is because the data that's collected has to be handled differently, especially for Analytics. We can't change this setting after the fact.

The current recommendation is to create a new project to use instead with this value set appropriately.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    ababab5 likes this.
  6. sixthree

sixthree

Does having it set either way affect the type of ads that are shown?

7. goat

goat

OK, I asked a similar question also in another thread.

What's not clear is what the theme of ads are served to a game for 'Everyone' vs a game actually targeted at 'Under 13' year olds. Both should avoid serving ads that war, horror, or violence in their themes or the theme of the advertised game.

8. ababab5

ababab5

Hi,

I just send you my list of games to change it from "This game is directed for children under the age of 13" to "This game is not directed for children under the age of 13".

Thank you very much for you help.

Best regards,

AB

9. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Hi, I still don't quite understand this answer. If I have made a game, like the OP, that is for everyone to play, that doesn't mean it's 'specifically' for kids under 13. I've made it 'specifically' for everyone! :) So should i be saying yes or no in this case?

10. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

11. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

With regards to comply with Google Play Store rules, how the Unity Ads are managed to show only Ads related to the age rating of the app?.

I am making an app specially oriented for Kids, but like other people said, it is "for all ages" (+4, for example). Then, how Unity Ads restrict the age of this Ads?. Using the "directed to children under 13" will show directly only Ads related to children (no violence, no war games, etc)?. I mean for Google Play Store rules, not only for COPPA rules.

Sorry by my English.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  12. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

There's a Genre Blacklist under the Monetization Settings tab of your game profile in the Unity Ads Admin. Here you can limit your ad content based on genre. If there are ads for specific games you would like blocked from your game, please contact adops@unity3d.com and provide your game ID and the name of the game being advertised that you would like blocked.

13. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Well, I am looking at this Genre Blacklist and I could let "Educational" and "Family" genres and block the others.
    But I think that will be a very low fill rate, at least here in Spain. I tested your Space Ads demo, and here in Spain shows a few (6-8) ads and it stops showing more ads (empty ads list, I guess). And almost all the ads I saw was war or shooter games. I am looking other genres, but by example, in "Adventure" genre, I saw many games rated "medium mature" (I don´t know exaclty how is the translation from spanish, but thes games are not for all publics).

Maybe you could make a "clasification" of the Advertisers using the new Google Play Store age rating:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/188189?hl=en

And request the Advertisers to clasificate their Ad in the pool lists by the new Google Play Store age rating.

Then you could let us check wich "Age restriction" we want to block for the Ads, instead of generic "genres".

I think you could do this to make Unity Ads better (and I think it shoud be easy to implement).

Regards.

14. Henning_Justare

Henning_Justare

From your FAQ:

"Q: Can I filter out some types of ads (for example Gambling, violence)?
    A: You can select to filter out genres in your monetization admin panel"

But where in the "new UnityAds Dashboard"? There are no "monetization"?
    And everything was added to the new dashboard after 5.2 build in Ads support.. :/
    Right now we are having all ads flowing to our under 13 audience. :/

Hope there are a way to remove all ads including violence, war, etc

Any help would e appreciated :)

- Henning

15. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

We're working to add this filters into the new dashboard.

In the meantime, send us a support request via the "Contact Us" button in the dashboard and let us know which genres you would like blocked, which age group ad content needs to be appropriate for, and for which game IDs.

16. Henning_Justare

Henning_Justare

Thanks Nikkolai, I've send the request.
    Anywhere I can see a road-map for the implementation for the new dashboard?

Thanks again :)

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  17. jeffweber

jeffweber

AlanMattano, efge and CAKE1 like this.