Search Unity

Question about Custom Events analysis

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by DalerHakimov, Jun 30, 2015.

1. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

Hello,

So far the integration was quite smooth and now I do have a question about how to do analytic jobs.

The purpose: Its the puzzle game, and I'm interested in how many moves the level has been finished. Lets say, overall between the All Users segment, what is min, max and average for the Level1.

Whenever the level has been finished I call this piece of code:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         UnityAnalytics.CustomEvent("LevelFinished", new Dictionary<string, object>
    2.         {
    3.             { "level", int.Parse(MadLevel.currentLevelName) },
    4.             {"numberOfMoves",_numberOfMoves},});
    So, I pass two parameter here, the level - which is actual level nubmer. and the numberOfMoves - which is how many moves have been made for particular level.

So... How to do that analysis?

2. sschan

sschan

Hi @DalerHakimov

To view number of moves by level, you'll need to make a couple changes to your custom event structure. Instead of having a generic level event, create a custom event specific to a level number (ie: Level1, Level2, Level3) and include "numberOfMoves" as a parameter.

If you go to Data Explorer, select add Custom Metric and you'll see options to add Level1, Level2, etc. If you click on View Parameters, you'll be able to see averages for the "numberOfMoves" parameter. For more information on how to visualize your parameters (“NumberofMoves”) read this forum post.

We don't currently support min and max for numeric parameters, but if this is important to you, please provide your feedback and vote here.

3. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

@sschan ,

Thanks. I knew about that custom thing. Though, it is not Data Explorer->Custom Metric... It's Data Explorer->Custom Events and I can't choose there levels with combination of moves. Only one of it, either level or numberOfMoves.

The data is there, and it's possible to get what I want and even better, you simply don't have those "queries" to make it. I see 2 solutions over here:

1. Access to the RAW data. So i can import it to the Excel and create whatever kind of statistics that I want.
    2. Ability to create custom queries, independent of those which you have. (this I think, would solve almost more then half of statistics requests)

Thanks

4. sschan

sschan

Hi @DalerHakimov - In regards to your suggestions, I'm excited to tell you that raw data export is in development. We'll announce it in the Forum once it's available. :)

Also I just noticed you added your custom queries suggestion to the Feedback site - awesome! :D

5. noethis

noethis

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I'm trying to basically do the same thing. Just switched my custom events over to level specific like you recommended:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         Analytics.CustomEvent( "completeLevel_" + GetLevelText( _levelIndex ), new Dictionary<string, object> {
    2.             { "completionTime", Time.timeSinceLevelLoad },
    3.             { "numRetries", LevelState.Instance.numRetries },
    4.             { "skipped", skipped }
    However when I go to view the event in the Data Explorer, it's not populating the Parameter list and even when I manually fill it in I still get no data. It does come through the validator properly though. Any ideas?

6. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @noethis,

I wanted to update you that we are currently looking into this and we will get back to you as soon as we find something.

7. mpinol

mpinol

8. noethis

noethis

Hi, thanks for looking into this. It actually started working properly--just took a day or two to "register"/refresh. Thanks!

mpinol likes this.