Search Unity

Question about culling animation versus other methods

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by zara2355, Jul 7, 2020.

1. zara2355

zara2355

Hello all-

I am quite new to Unity and not exactly a wiz when it comes to C#, so i apologize in advance if this is a dumb question. I am using Vuforia Package 9-2-7 and Unity 2019.4.1f1

The project that im working on consists of a handful of animation clips that the user can cycle through using UI buttons. I wanted to automatically pause the animations when Target Lost and resume when found. What I found that worked (and worked amazing, at least i think so) was to change Culling Mode to "Cull Completely". This works. It works great for what i want, but for some reason i just get the feeling (and from reading some of the forum posts) that this might not really be the best method of achieving what i want. Am I missing something? Is it better to edit the Default Trackable Event Handler script? (I did try that, but nothing at all seemed to actually work for animations, thus using Culling Mode)

Any insight (links to documentation, youtube, etc etc) to help me understand the best practices here would be really appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!