Search Unity

Question about anti-aliasing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeremyace, Dec 20, 2005.

1. jeremyace

jeremyace

I was wondering, since you guys have anti-aliasing in the widget and (Web?) players, why isn't it enabled for full screen? Performance issues? Is there much difference in implementing full-screen AA?

I know you guys don't comment on future features, but any idea when FSAA will be working?

Would be nice to lose those jaggies :)

Thanks,
    -Jeremy

2. jeremyace

jeremyace

Anyone?

-Jeremy

3. socksy

socksy

I don't think it's due to performance issues. The anti-aliasing works pretty well with full screen webplayer...

Try right clicking the player thing.

4. klindeman

klindeman

From what I heard, they wanted a good way to put it in the opening configuration dialogue gox in a way that was not confusing for those that are less technically inclined.

I figure, why wait for that, at least allow us to enable it with scripting. Seems like it is working just fine in the web player.

5. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

Just put FSA or if you want write it out "Full Screen anti-aliasing" and they could even add something like "(jaggy smothing)" or something of the like, I mean come on tons of games have this FSA drop down with the X you want it at. Jeff

6. jeremyace

jeremyace

This really is a needed feature. I would understand the delay if it was a totally new feature, but they have the code for it already working. At least give us a date when you guys are going to enable it please.

-Jeremy