Search Unity

Question Question about animation controller layers from Animation Rigging Sample

Discussion in 'Animation' started by darreney, Dec 31, 2023.

1. darreney

darreney

Hi, I have just started exploring on animation rigging and also relatively new to animation layers.
    I have imported the samples for animation rigging and checking out the 'Override' scene.
    I realize there are 2 separate animations playing on 2 separate 'armatures' one on the root->model and the other on the offsets. And these 2 separate animations are actually handled by 1 animator controller.
    upload_2023-12-31_12-39-22.png
    I am puzzled as to how does the system recognize which animation layer is meant to apply to which armature?
    My initial thought was, has it got to do with the animation layer naming? Subsequently, I am considering the animation file itself 'Anim_Offsets', can it be that the bones that are being animated within that animation file corresponds to the naming of the objects (hipsOffset, spine1Offset, spine2Offset, headOffset) within the 'Offsets' rig? Is that why the animation is applying to that armature?
    Would appreciate anyone who knows for sure how this works to clarify. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023