Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

question about 2D Platformer

Discussion in '2D' started by went_m, Nov 15, 2013.

1. went_m

went_m

2D Platformer
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/11228

hi there,
    I have a question: in this project,there are a lot of animation clips.what tools to make these clips? I knew that FBX file imported can bring there clips but what about 2D. The game's hero is a ‘bone animation’ thing, also what tools to make it?

Because I am in China, can not see youtube...so please tell me the website of these tools and non video tutorials , thank you very much

Forgive my poor English:)

2. Lukas H

Lukas H

Those are animation files created in Unity using the Animation Window (Window->Animation or ctrl+6)
    Its just a simple keyframe based editor to create sprite animations for example.

3. went_m

went_m

Thank you for your answer!
    The hero of this game is not a simple keyframe animation, but is divided into several parts.Unity built-in animation editor is insufficient(At least seem to be very simple), the development of this example is no problem, but if the development of a complex action game, this animation editor can deal with?The unity of the native 2d tool set can only do this very simple game with simple animation tools?
    I know there are third party animation tools, but now that unity has developed a 2d development set, why just to provide such simple(poor) animation tools?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  4. funshark

funshark

What do you want to do exactly with animation? Because there is a lot of thing that are possible with the actual state, it's far more reliable than before.