Search Unity

[Quest] Texture artifacts from Google Seurat

Discussion in 'VR' started by edekker, Nov 29, 2019.

1. edekker

edekker

Hi there

I am currently porting a SteamVR experience to the Quest, and as the scene was quite detailed, and the entire experience occurs in a single space, it seemed ideal to use Google Seurat to generate the background scenery. This has worked really well for the most part, however I am encountering visible seams in the geometry when exported to and run on the Quest, which are not visible when viewing the same experience using a Rift S. (Have attached some screen shots).

I have tried many different Seurat option to get rid of the seams (eg. premultiply_alpha=false as advised here) and tried different texture output sizes from Seurat, and tried many different texture compression formats for Android on the Unity texture import settings (including all the ASTC variants as advised by Oculus, and non-compressed formats), different max import texture sizes, different import texture qualities, all of which seem to make no difference.

Just looking for any other suggestions or experiences other have had, and checking that my assumption that this is likely do to differences in texture compression.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Anasaurus

Anasaurus

We are encountering the same problem, any news?

3. yaniv_unity392

yaniv_unity392

Having the same issue as well

4. wj640520

wj640520

Project Settings > Player > Android >Other Settings > Vertex Compression

turn off Tex Coord 0 (UV0)