Search Unity

Quest It?! - Quest/Dialog/Inventory Editor - Released!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by CaptainKiyaku, Aug 5, 2010.

1. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

Glad you enjoy it so far (except for the error hehe).

Could you show me the Quest Name of your quest chains? Also do you start at @0 and not at @1?
    It could also be a typo among the quest names inside that questline (its case sensitive too).

2. mellow991

mellow991

@0 Depressed and @1 Depressed, however i even went into the playground scene and the chain didn't work either...

3. huxley

huxley

Will there be a javascript version of the latest QuestIt update? As we used the javascript version in our game release, the new update in C is causing compiler errors.

4. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

I actually got a few new features, i might port it to Javascript as well but i probably won't do that for every update, it just is much harder to maintain.

Will let you know if the new version is up!

5. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

Ho ho ho everyone!

Merry Christmas to you all!

And if you haven't grabbed a copy of Quest It yet, you can now get it for 25% less until the 26th!

6. Hans

Hans

have got it already :)

when is the update due ? that is a better Ho Ho Ho for me :)

7. Thordin

Thordin

hi, is Quest it compatible with the latest version of unity?
    thanks

8. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

I have tested it with 3.1.0f3 which is compatible. I haven't tested the newest version of Unity yet but as far as i know there are no major changes that would affect this framework.

Greetings,
    Sven

9. SirKline

SirKline

Yes, it's working fine with 3.1.0f4

10. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

can the items made in item editor and held in inventory be equipped?

11. SirKline

SirKline

There is no equipment system in QuestIt, you would have to write that on your own. But if you have one, all the items in the inventory are stored in a list and can be accessed, so you can (some programming skills involved) use them as equipment.

12. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

can the inventory become smaller and moveable ?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  13. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

You could export the OnGUI Content from the GM.cs into a GUI Window to make it dragable.
    Making it smaller could be more tricky since i used fixed numbers for sizing in the current version. You could scale the GUI Matrix though to make it smaller/bigger.

I might consider making the inventory more dynamic in a future upgrade.

14. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

im having problem with quests where the ! and ? doesnt load as transparent is there any way change it so it is transparent

edit: nm i worked out a way

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  15. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

anyone know how i can spawn items only if a player is on a quest for it and spawn lots of the same items until requirements met?
    eg quest 1: collect rocks -rocks apper in the area needed and spawn at the points when picked up until quest over/the item not needed ?

16. dannyflint

dannyflint

Hi, i'm having no luck getting the 2.6 version of Quest It?! working with my Unity 2.6 ( 2.6.1f3 ). I have to stick with 2.6 for now for reasons I dont want to get into, but im getting errors such as:

CS0117: UnityEngine.WWW does not contain a definition for 'text'
    CS0162: Unreachable code detected

This is happening on the script:
    Assets/QuestIt/Scripts/Inventory/IM.cs

I am importing the questitpackage_for_2_6 package, and these errors occur before ive even tried to do anything.

Please help

Thanks

Danny

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  17. dannyflint

dannyflint

If anyone has the same problem this fixes it:

That attribute has changed in Unity, this is the new one. In Unity 2.6 (or before 3.0) it was www.data, Maybe you are using old version of Unity. Otherwise you have something wrong with your imported classes.

Change all instances of 'text' to 'data'

18. grfxman

grfxman

How difficult would it be to convert the mySQL version of this to Multiplayer and has anyone already done this?

19. huxley

huxley

Just checking in to see if any progress has been made on the Javascript version for 3.2. Really looking forward to it, Thanks!

20. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

Hello, I am having problems adding/deleting objects directly to/from the inventory.

I have tried the following to remove the item:
    Code (csharp):
    2. IM.Ins.removeItem (IM.Ins.getItemByInternalID (IM.Ins.getItemByName ("ItemName"));
    and I am unsure as to how I should add an item directly to the inventory. I have been able to make the object spawn, but that is not the functionality I am looking for.

Any help is appreciated.

21. dizzog

dizzog

i purchased questit awhile ago. i since have received and update to it for v1.2. My hard drive went bad and now i do not have it anymore. How do i go about obtaining it again from you. my email is romeobigd@yahoo.com for your records

22. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

Still looking for an answer.

23. huxley

huxley

Is there any more support for this product? Really needing a javascript update that works under Unity ver 3.+. Thanks.

24. dats81

dats81

Is this project still alive? :confused:
    Just starting with unity development and QuestIt! may cover some of the features that I would need. Anybody know some altenative based on mySQL?

Cheers,

25. hjupter

hjupter

I want to buy this but I'm worried if its abandoned or if it doesnt work on unity 3.5... Anybody know some altenative based on mySQL?

26. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

:)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  27. Mauri

Mauri

It looks like the website isn't available anymore..

@joevenlim143
    Look on page one of this thread. In the first posting, there is a big BUY NOW-Link. You'll need paypal thought.

28. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

can someone help me plss guys....
    this is my problem

when i open my new project the quest it! editor i can't see the Quest It! editor between terrain and window

and when i open the project of Quest It! i can see the Quest it! editor

is there a transaction to have my quest it editor in new project... plss help..

ty in advance guys

29. Mauri

Mauri

Try clicking on one of the tabs. If do so, the bar will be refreshed and QuestIt should appear. If not, there might be something broken.

30. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

i figured it out. thanks for the response mauri..

ahm do u know what error is this?

it says
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  31. Mauri

Mauri

Well, a NullReferenceException message show's up when you're trying to use some object in your code that doesn't point to anything, i.e. it refers to null, a "NullReference". I guess, when you click on the message, you'll see the script which causes this message plus the line and column in the script.

32. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

someone help my problem... plss guys..

i import my project to questIt to appear the questIT editor in the window. and when i open the questIt editor in the playground i can see the DB...

and when i open my project that i imported to questIt project it appears like this
    it says:
    NullReferenceException
    UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent[Setup] () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/Runtime/ExportGenerated/Editor/UnityEngineGameObject.cs:18)
    questItEditor.Update () (at Assets/Editor/questItEditor.cs:1304)

even though i will make a new scene it appear like that also.. what can i do? plsss help thanks

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  33. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

can anyone help me with this problem plsss

34. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

One more nice but abandoned tool...
    Shame on you community.

35. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

Sorry everyone for my absence! My old server does not exist anymore which is why all the links (except for the e-junkie link) are not available anymore.

However, i decided to work on a new version for Quest It and will update this thread very soon!
    (Including things like conditions for dialogs, a better UI that allows you to search for objects, a better code base to make it easier to integrate quest it with your own scripts, better documentation, etc).

In the meanwhile if you have any questions or problems, feel free to also send me a private message or preferable an email to kiyaku [dot] is [at] gmail [dot] com with "Quest It: " + your question in the title.

When using the latest version of Quest It and Unity, you might get an error message in questItEditor.cs line 504.
    In this case move the line into the if-condition at line 506

If you encounter any more problems, let me know and i see what i can do.

Of course once the new version comes out, everyone who previously purchased Quest It will get a free upgrade!

@joevenlim143 please read the manual how to setup a new project with quest it. It looks like you are missing the _SETUP prefab in your scene.

Thanks guys and sorry for the long.. "deadness"!

36. joevenlim143

joevenlim143

i try all the manual are perfect.. :( BTW captain in ur latest questIT could be make a new scene that the questIt editor will appear? i will wait for ur latest... wen u will release it? PM me if u release it..

btw : Of course once the new version comes out, everyone who previously purchased Quest It will get a free upgrade!

ty

37. paulus51

paulus51

hello CaptainKiyaku /sven ,

i did send you a email at the appropriate website /email on till today no answers yet,
    that is sadly, i do understand that you have alot work , but please keep this tread up to date,

i have this program installed on unity 3D version 4 its installed the propiate way like it installed it self
    even wen i start the game /test scene i see indeed a inventory button and all the scripts are needed and so on ...
    but wen i start up the editor il get a error from unity , witch i send you copys an printscreen of it
    i dearly hope you get back on this beauty program ............hope to hear soon over quest it "addon"

[edit]

part of the mail i send :

According the manual installed perfect but wen i start up the quest-it editor i get this error :

File is : questeditor.cs
    This the line where it go wrong here : questItEditor editor = new questItEditor(); ( on line 91 setup.cs )

In this :

[MenuItem("QuestIt/Editor")]
    static void Init()
    {
    if (!Directory.Exists(Application.dataPath + "/QuestIt/Dialog/"))
    {
    Directory.CreateDirectory(Application.dataPath + "/QuestIt/Dialog/");
    }

if (!Directory.Exists(Application.dataPath + "/QuestIt/DB/"))
    {
    Directory.CreateDirectory(Application.dataPath + "/QuestIt/DB/");
    }

questItEditor editor = new questItEditor(); // this seems to be wrong ! (line 91)

editor.position = new Rect(200, 100, 1020, 750);
    editor.autoRepaintOnSceneChange = true;
    editor.title = "Quest It!?";
    editor.Show();
    }

Unity gives these “options” : Unity say’s i must instanciated ( ?? )these editor :

Error and options :

UnityEditor.EditorWindow:.ctor()

questItEditor:.ctor()

questItEditor:Init()

i did tryd all of these and then unity comes with an unexspected char error ( ',' )

i am dutch and my englisch issent so super : instanciated ? what does it mean ?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  38. paulus51

paulus51

hey : to sven :

the email adres you gave is not correct : i did forward my mail witch i send to admin windmillgames to this one,
    i did get it back wit a error dident excist ????

does not work ether : kiyaku.@gmail.com ore kiyaku.is.@gmail.com

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  39. paulus51

paulus51

Please CaptainKiyaku ( sven paroth ) Reply , keep this alive

40. paulus51

paulus51

joevenlin143 i send you a pm

41. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

@Paulus51, you got the email wrong a few times :) kiyaku.is@gmail.com is the correct one.

Please send me your email again and i will take a look at it in the meanwhile!

You can also always send me a private message here.

42. paulus51

paulus51

hi , thanks for reply i l try it again ,

in the mean time i did recompiled this v2.6 and it seems to work just fine,
    just a little error but unity 3D v4.X still runs with it

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  43. HexxenLive

HexxenLive

joevenlin143 All you must do is drag the _SETUP prefab into your scene hierarchy then everything should work.

44. MythN7

MythN7

http://www.svenparoth.com/

page cannot be displayed.
    found this first on some other forum, and had a different web address link, also did not work. forget name, wes something I think.

45. CaptainKiyaku

CaptainKiyaku

Unfortunately i lost my website a long time ago, which is why the links all go to nowhere.
    I had no time updating this yet but i hope to find some time in the future :)

You can still get it using the "Buy Now" button and send me a direct email if you need any help with it!