Search Unity

Question Quest Build Crashing on launch, working fine previously

Discussion in 'VR' started by ZAxisTechnology, Oct 4, 2022.

1. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Hey all,
    Ive had a quest game built and deploying to device with no problems for the last few months.
    As of recently (last working build was two weeks ago), my builds wont launch on quest. It opens the splash screen and after a few seconds it shows the 3 dot throbber and boots me back to oculus home.
    This is strange as I havent changed any code, settings or imported any plugins that would change anything.

Logcat shows this when filtered on ActivityManager:
    (My App is com.ZAxisTech.BangBangSlice)
    I cant seem to find anything about this warning:

Its not showing any other useful errors except for LowMemoryKiller killing my process to reclaim 2.8MB. Theres a lot of logs about memory pressure becoming critical, but Im not loading videos, large audio files or tons of images. My whole apk is around 500MB and I havent added any large assets since the last working build.

Ive been at this for days and I have no idea what could be causing this to happen. My previous build still opens correctly, but any new builds now fail to launch. Ive tried stipping out all of the levels except the menu and its still failing to launch. Running out of options here, would love some help. Thanks!

Im using Unity 2021.1.17f1, built in render pipeline.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Do you have oculus integration updated if it's in the project?
    Do you use OpenXR or the oculus plugin in XR management?

3. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Yes I have the most updated oculus integration and Im using the Oculus XR plugin.
    I just did a test build with an empty level and that did manage to launch correctly, so I guess its not my build settings or project setup :/
    Looking at Logcat, everything seems to start out fine, but then the memory pressure keeps hitting critical and the low memory killer starts killing various oculus processes, at some point killing the shell, before killing my game process. Trying to keep the amount of stuff being loaded to a minimum but at this point its not much more than 300MB at peak, which the Quest1 should handle fine. Im especially confused because my previous build is loading the same amount at the same time, and it never has this problem.

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Maybe try to build it in 2021.3 lts. Your version is really old

ZAxisTechnology likes this.
  5. ZAxisTechnology

ZAxisTechnology

Thanks DevDunk, Updating to Unity 2021.3 informed me that my java sdk, ndk were out of date and updating those seems to have fixed my build issue!

DevDunk likes this.