Search Unity

Games Quest : Aethel's Tale, an old school dungeon crawler.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JackyCrew, Jan 3, 2019.

1. JackyCrew

JackyCrew

Hello everyone, I am a student in computer engineering and currently working on a prototype of dungeon crawler inspired by boardgames like Warhammer Quest. I have uploaded a gameplay demo on the following link :

If you guys could give me some feedback, that would be awesome !

2. JackyCrew

JackyCrew

Sorry about that but I have to up the thread, I would really appreciate some precious feedback. Especially concerning the feeling of the game, I am not talking about graphics because those are probably going to improve a lot (especially those ugly 3d models for characters...). Do you think that the dice system is going to be boring or have any idea on how it could be more fun :) (this is my main concern right now) ? Thanks a lot !

3. StyleToken

StyleToken

The game for the first time made cool!
    To animate is sometimes difficult. True, I liked the sounds when objects collided, and the ability to pick up objects, and as I see it, there is a story in the game.

JackyCrew likes this.
  4. JackyCrew

JackyCrew

Thank you for your reply, I am planning to use mixamo in order to animate my models, the results look very cool and it is incredibly powerful ! Though for now I still haven't decided whether to keep the models static like boardgames miniatures or to animate them. Yeah there is a super classic pitch behind the game, but I wish to develop it through notes, books and dialogues, this is a super exciting aspect for me :)

StyleToken likes this.
  5. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

Love your intro, and the writing. Looks like dice roller's heaven.

I think the inventory system is fresh and fun.

JackyCrew likes this.
  6. JackyCrew

JackyCrew

Thank you very much !

StyleToken likes this.
  7. JackyCrew

JackyCrew

Hi everyone ! So it's been a while and I haven't lost my time, I have been working really hard these days in order to release this second gameplay video. So as you may notice, I have reworked every assets that are used in the game, I have also made tons of new ones so that the game looks prettier. All iterfaces have been reworked as well as the UI.

So what has been added since the previous version :

-Dynamic lighting
    -Oil to light fires
    -Lootable items that are only pickable when the player makes some light
    -Doors and keys
    -Grids and levers
    -Secret passages
    -Dialogues
    -Merchant

Here it is :

There also is a link to the full playable demo in the description, so if you want to test it directly please do not hesitate ! (But if you do so be sure to read the README file before anything else ;))
    Please, tell me what you think about it :).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    RavenOfCode likes this.