Search Unity

Resolved Quest 2 with Oculus link in Unity Player not working?

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by MUTTLEY_HAMMER, Jan 10, 2021.

1. MUTTLEY_HAMMER

MUTTLEY_HAMMER

I have a Quest 2 correctly set up with Oculus link. Have created a new project in Unity and enabled the relevant XR plugins FOR ACTION BASED INPUT having followed several YouTube videos. In the Project Settings I have ensured the Oculus checkbox is ticked for both Desktop and Android. When I hit play in Unity I see a display like below on my Quest2 headset, but the HMD and motion controllers do nothing.

If I remove the XR rig and used the older Device based XR rig things work fine. - Is there something else I need to do to get the Action BAsed input working?

upload_2021-1-10_13-46-8.png

2. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

In the Player Settings, under Other - have you selected the new Input System?

3. MUTTLEY_HAMMER

MUTTLEY_HAMMER

Thank-you so much! It wasn't quite where you said but it did remind me that I had heard about this setting sometimes getting reset to the old system. I'm using Unity 2020.2 with a brand new project so why the Input System was set to old I have no idea - surely the default should be using the new system? Anyway for anyone else struggling with this I had to change this setting to ensure it used the NEW input system. Now everything works great!

upload_2021-1-11_21-19-12.png

HeyBishop likes this.
  4. HeyBishop

HeyBishop

Yay!!
    Happy developing!