Search Unity

Question [Quest 2 / PUN2 / XRI] Physics fine in Editor but out of whack in builds

Discussion in 'VR' started by PascalTheDog, Feb 9, 2022.

1. PascalTheDog

PascalTheDog

Hey,

I'm working on a multiplayer VR game using the XRI Toolkit. Headset is Oculus Quest 2 and multiplayer solution is Photon PUN2.

Physics suddenly started acting up in headset builds. I didn't have that problem last week; it just started happening Monday, with no discernible cause I can think of.

The setup is pretty simple: there is a ball and you can grab it by holding the grip button on the controller. When you release the grip button, the ball quite naturally falls off your hand. All of this is synced over network. Nothing special, and it works fine in the Editor using the headset through Link.

Builds pushed to the headset are another story. Grabbing is not an issue, and neither is syncing. When you release the grip button and the ball is supposed to simply fall however, it bounces around wildly — most of the time. It's as if a random force was somehow applied to the ball on release, resulting in varying degrees of chaos. This never happens in the Editor; it happens with arbitrary frequency and intensity in builds, both online and offline.

This is the first time this has happened to me, and I'm baffled as to what might be causing it. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!