Search Unity

Question Quest 2 - one eye render issue after upgrading to 2020

Discussion in 'VR' started by demiurge180, Jan 4, 2022.

1. demiurge180

demiurge180

So I just upgraded our project from 19.4 to 2020.3(.25), and suddenly, no matter what I do, the left eye is having a VERY strange issue as in the image below. As a test, I upgraded 3 other projects the same way (all tiny though) and they're all fine. I've tried removing and installing all the various XR packages, tried with an older prefab using the XRRig component and a prefab with the newer XROrigin, and the shot below is actually from a fresh empty scene with no XR components in it. When I do use those other components, it's even worse, the left eye is literally a horizontal line. I can't figure out what I'm missing that's different between this project and the other ones. Help?

Attached Files:

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Do you use XR management, and if so, what packages are installed?

3. demiurge180

demiurge180

We have XR Plugin Management, XR Legacy Input Helpers, XR Interaction Toolkit, Oculus XR, and MockHMD.
    Also, we're using URP in this project, following the upgrade it's at 10.7.

4. nomotien

nomotien

I have the same issue as well, up to 2020.3.22 works fine, anything beyond that (at least with 2020) causes the left eye to render as a solid color depending on where I look. We're using the same plugins + XR Core Utilities with their most recent versions (including XR interaction toolkit 2.0.0-pre6). We're using the built-in render pipeline with OpenGL, though switching to Vulkan doesn't make any difference. So far I've tried tweaking a bunch of settings to match those of a working project, but with no luck.

Aracon likes this.
  5. demiurge180

demiurge180

I switched from the Oculus plugin to OpenXR and ... it works. I'm not sure why this project is different from the other ones... not sure yet if this breaks anything else, I only know the camera is working.

DevDunk likes this.
  6. DevDunk

DevDunk

For desktop OpenXR is also more cross platform, so that's nice.
    Might perform a bit less on the quest natively, but haven't tested this

7. Aracon

Aracon

I have the same issue with Quest 1. Maybe there is some workaround or solution for Oculus integration? At the moment I just stopped updating and check new versions sometimes, but 2020.3.26f1 has the same issue...

UPDATE: Solved by updating Oculus package AND Oculus Integration asset (the last one also asks to update some other Oculus stuff, I confirmed that, and on the last step cancelled switching to OpenXR).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    LucasSupportSquare and DevDunk like this.