Search Unity

Quest 2 + Mac: Is it possible to preview my app in Unity in real time + use the Oculus Controller?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by vKrohn, Mar 26, 2023.

1. vKrohn

vKrohn

Hi! Is it possible to preview / play my app in Unity (play mode), but use the Oculus Quest 2 controller + headset motion to interact, when using a Mac?

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

Nope, you need to build and run to device

vKrohn likes this.
  3. vKrohn

vKrohn

That is sad to hear! How do you debug then?

4. DevDunk

DevDunk

Make a debug build (if you also tick autoconnect profiler it will also show console logs in Unity over USB or WiFi)

Next to that I highly suggest to use a VR emulator as well so you can just walk around with keyboard and mouse to test things

vKrohn likes this.
  5. vKrohn

vKrohn

Ok, I will read into that, thanks!
    I used the VR emulator on a example Unity project of the VRDevPath Tutorial Series and it was not properly working with mouse and keyboard – the rays went through the wall and were not precise, so my first impression of the VR emulator is very bad. I hope it will be an option for my project..

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

Worst case make your own with features you need. I personally use VR Interaction Framework with it's VR emulator which does work as well

vKrohn likes this.
  7. vKrohn

vKrohn

I didn't know the VR Interaction Framework has its own emulator. I will try that as well! :)

8. vKrohn

vKrohn

Thank you for your swift replies!

DevDunk likes this.