Search Unity

Resolved Quest 2: Global Illumination Dropping Between Scenes

Discussion in 'VR' started by Xander-Davis, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Hi!

I’m working a VR prototype. Created a scene but am now testing in-world transitioning to the next scene. Used PlayMaker to initiate Load Scene, not additive.

Either in the default scene or the second scene, depending on whichever new build, global illumination (default configuration in standard pipeline 3D project— so baked I think and a very fast bake) seems to be dropped. I have a lighting profile saved for each scene so I’m not sure what’s going on.

It might be whichever scene I was in last keeps the global illumination for that scene for the build but doesn’t load this for the next so when a build is compiled that’s what you get.

In the scene where GI fails, shadows are fully black and things generally look ugly.

What am I missing?

Thanks for your insight!

2. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

I believe I fixed it-- clicked on the actual Lighting profiles per scene and checked on 'Auto-Generate' for each. I also unchecked Baked Global Illumination, since I'm baking nothing in each scene and relying on mainly just a realtime Directional Light (sun/moon) for now... maybe this was also confusing it.