Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question [ QUEST 2 ] Black screen on game start, tried everything

Discussion in 'VR' started by ToasterDoesGames, May 9, 2021.

1. ToasterDoesGames

ToasterDoesGames

Hello!

I am having a problem where, when I press start, the game goes black, even though the camera says that it's seeing what it should.

Everything was working fine until some unapparent thing caused it to not work.
    I've tried everything on YouTube, this forum, and google, and nothing is working.

2. Tanya_Li

Tanya_Li

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Could you please provide more information on this black screen issue to help us narrow it down the cause?
    Are you using Quest 2 with Link? And Which Unity and Oculus XR Plugin version are you using?
    Do you also have Oculus Integration Asset installed in your project? If so, which version of it?
    Any errors or warnings in Editor Console or Editor log when black screen occurred?

In addition, does this black screen issue also happened with an empty scene?

Thanks

3. LaireonGames

LaireonGames

Just came across this as well, also on Quest 2.

The reason this was happening for me was Development mode. If I disabled the mode, everything worked fine. Bit annoying though since I need that mode to work with RenderDoc!

Swapping to Vulkan seems to have fixed it (was default settings before and using OpenGL, didn't confirm if it was 2 or 3)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  4. DevDunk

DevDunk

If using vulkan also disable graphics jobs in 2021.3. that's a running crash bug

LaireonGames likes this.