Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Quest 2 app crash on startup

Discussion in 'VR' started by Mustafakin, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Mustafakin

Mustafakin

I've been developing a VideoPlayer app using some large 360 video files. In the current version of the app the apk is over 2GB (2.5GB) because of the videos sizes. When I build and upload it to Quest 2, it uploads without a problem but whenever I try to open it on the headset, the app goes back to menu without even display the unity logo. I can't use the addressables or the Asset Bundle because the app needs to work offline (As far as I know I can't use the Asset Bundles offline because it needs to download the assets in runtime). My guess is the app crashes because the size of the apk is huge. I couldn't figure how to solve this issue so any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2. mgear

mgear

3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Indeed check the errors
    Also include what unity version you use, which render pipeline, updated oculus integration, etc

4. Mustafakin

Mustafakin

I'm using 2020.3.23 and default Render Pipeline (Built-in) and these are the log files :

Attached Files: