Search Unity

Resolved Query Lobbies not getting lobbies

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by MiTschMR, Sep 23, 2022.

1. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Somehow I am not getting any lobbies when using this code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. QueryResponse response = await LobbyService.Instance.QueryLobbiesAsync();
    I have created several lobbies in advance and can get them without issues, but even if they are public, they do not appear in the queried response. I initialize UGS first, then log in anonymously and finally query for the lobbies.

I am grateful for anyone who might have a possible idea on what might be the issue.

Edit: Is it not possible to get the lobbies you are a part of with the query?

2. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Please nevermind, the default value of a lobby to be considered inactive was 30 seconds...

3. RobustKnittedTortoise

RobustKnittedTortoise

Unity Technologies

Sorry that was giving you trouble, that value aligns with the heartbeat requirement and is great for making sure players are not quick joining or query + joining into a lobby that has been abandoned BUT not so great for testing like this. If you do want a list of the lobbies that you previously joined there is an API for that:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. LobbyApi.GetJoinedLobbiesAsync
    It returns the ids of any lobbies you are part of that still exist and includes inactive lobbies. One of its intended uses is to allow a client to recover after a crash by finding and reconnecting to the previously joined lobby.

4. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Yes, thanks, I was already using this API to remove all lobbies when I complete testing each day I work on my project.

I will add documentation to use the heartbeat functionality whenever we create new lobbies to make sure they don’t disappear again like that ;)