Search Unity

Quaternion To Matrix conversion failed because input Quaternion is invalid

Discussion in 'Animation' started by HappySlice, Jan 25, 2015.

1. HappySlice

HappySlice

I have an AnimationController which has three animations: Idle, Run, and Jumping. As long as one of the animations is running, this error spams the console.

"Quaternion to Matrix conversion failed because input Quaternion is invalid {0.154871, 0.048428, -0.028818, 0.984859} |=0.997107"

That is one example, the numbers change each time the error is printed to the console. If I turned the animation controller off the errors stop completely. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.

2. HappySlice

HappySlice

**FIXED**

I reimported my character model and checked the bones and still got the error.

Then I rebaked the animations.

Then noticed that not only did my custom PlayerController parent have an AnimationController, but so did my child character model. I deleted the AnimationController from the Animation component and the error stopped happenening.

I'm not sure if it was the final step or all of them that fixed it, but it is currently resolved :)

sbstn-hn likes this.
  3. Posch

Posch

If this won't work for you :
    Try optimizing the Transform hierarchy by clicking on "Optimize Transform Hierarchy" in settings of the Component in the Inspector view - This finally worked for me :)