Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

QosType.ReliableSequenced

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by addct, Sep 16, 2017.

1. addct

addct

Is QosType.ReliableSequenced Synchronous or Asynchronous?

2. Xype

Xype

Uhhhh it is a data transmission it is just a way to handle the datastreams that are too big for the normal delivery. It breaks it into chunks then puts it back together on the other side

3. HiddenMonk

HiddenMonk

You are thinking of ReliableFragmented.

ReliableSequenced is a reliable message that also ensure the other end will read all the messages with ReliableSequenced in the order you sent them.

As for whether its Synchronous or Asynchronous, I assume you mean whether the networking waits to make sure the first message was confirmed received by the other end before sending the next, or if it just sends it all as fast as possible and the other end keeps track of the order its meant to read it in and stores it to read later if it detects its out of order.
    I would assume it would send it as fast as possible while the other end makes sure to read them in order, but I dont actually know =(

4. Xype

Xype

I know what I am thinking. Fragmented would not care how it is put together on the other end, sequenced will put it back together in the order it is sent.

5. xVergilx

xVergilx

This one. But also makes sure that messages are actually delivered.