Search Unity

QalamSila 2.0 app now live on Kickstarter! Powered by Unity, Build Anything with Wooden Pencils

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Roy-Massaad1, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Roy-Massaad1

Roy-Massaad1

Hello everyone,

I'm Roy and i'm part of the Qalamsila team as a software developer using Unity3d for our Kickstarter.

Here's our KickStarter video on utube

& here's our KickStarter Link :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/224657892/qalamsila-20-app

QalamSila 1.0 is our exsiting 3D construction system that enables everyone to physically create spatial structures and functional systems such as Cars and Airplanes using 3D connectors and any hexagonal wooden pencils.

Currently we are expanding it digitally by launching a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for QalamSila 2.0 to create a free mobile app that would allow users to make their own QalamSila assemblies virtually, order them & share them as part of an online community. Our choice for the client side tech of the app was Unity.

Our idea is to have a 3d construction app to create QalamSila assemblies that is both fun to use and not that complicated like professional CAD software are. Also we hope to have the app connected to its online community where people can share creations and grow the pool of available library of QalamSilas.
    An app kinda between Minecraft and Blender if you like with craftmen levels, online libraries and virtual currency.

So far we have a simple working offline desktop prototype done for it using Unity 5 but we are hoping that if we get the funding we will be able to secure the assets to continue working on it and turn it in a polished interesting online mobile app with its online components.

Video capture of the 3d builder prototype:

That's pretty much it :)

Do check us on Kickstarter and do let us know here and on the kickstarter page what you think of QalamSila itself and of its Kickstarted QalamSila 2.0 mobile app project, me and the team would love to hear your feedback.

Best,
    Roy Massaad

PS: I've had an account on unity forums since 2009 under Red Phoenix that i posted with but Unity support recently informed me that it was not transferred to the new forum servers in 2012 due to me not activating it manually back then, so i'm using this 'newer' account instead. Just mentioning that to say that im an old fan of Unity since version 2.0, even tho i have my notes on it and even tho i had my crushes and brushes sometimes with the udk, unreal4, c4 engine, torque3d, and shiva (half of those are MIA now :p)

theANMATOR2b likes this.