Search Unity

Qabo: New 3D Puzzle/Shooter Game!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by adamh1, Jun 23, 2012.

1. adamh1

adamh1

Welcome!

This is our first game. Basically a group of us (most starting with little or no knowledge of Unity) formed a group 2 months ago and began working on this game. After crawling into a cave and doing lots of hard work together, now its time to get some feedback!

The Game

We are struggling to come up with a title.. its so difficult! Basically it's a simple puzzle/shooter. You are an alien called Qa'bo who is captured and has to escape a hostile alien planet by negotiating a series of rooms of increasing difficulty to reach your space ship.

Screenies

How to Play

Successfully survive each room and reach the final level to escape (cant actually escape just yet mind you..).

Controls

Move: WASD or arrow keys.
    Jump: spacebar
    Fire: left mouse button (dont start with wep)
    action key: E
    jetpack: J (dont start with jetpack!)

Here is the link, any feedback is welcome!

http://www.ironsightstudios.com/gameversions/games8/WebPlayer/WebPlayer.html

If you are interesting in joining the team, please pm me. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  2. adamh1

adamh1

3. adamh1

adamh1

Any feedback much appreciated, thank you!

4. adamh1

adamh1

5. adamh1

adamh1

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  6. Heu

Heu

It is really necessary to bump a post you bumped 5 hours ago? Maybe Bump with some updates or something, but if you really want feedback so bad, just wait.

The game looks fine so far. Its nice and smooth. maybe you should add some sound when the enemy attacks.

7. adamh1

adamh1

Thanks :) yeh I can be a little impatient sometimes. Seeing the thread drop to the bottom of the page so quickly is a little frustrating! Thanks for the feedback

8. bigmisterb

bigmisterb

very hard to maneuver thru things. almost to the point of being frustrating. I am sure you are not finished with the content. I made it to some mushrooms and thru some cave, but I couldn't find anywhere else to go. Things disappearing kind of make it hard to visualize your path. They should fade out and in.

Firing is a bit of a pain. not very intuitive, but I am sure you will get there.

Other than that is a good start. You need to fix the GUI issues. maybe make things prettier. ;) I noticed that the gun did not disappear when I picked it up, I spent some time going back and forth trying to pick it up. (minor problem)