Search Unity

Python integration

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Alex_lemminG, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Alex_lemminG

Alex_lemminG

Hi everyone!
    Here is Python to Unity integration project. It has two main components: PythonConsole and PythonBehaviour.

PythonConsole is drag-and-drop prefab, which allows you to communicate with your scene objects at runtime. It allows you to manipulate objects, call any public methods and do basically anything at runtime and even in builds without any project modifications.

PythonBehaviour makes it possible to use Python instead of C# when writing behaviour scripts. Allowing you to make mods with custom logic, make quick tweaks to game logic and make prototypes.

Feel free to make any suggestions and do feature requests.

Requires Unity 2017.2 or 2017.3 (currently project uses experimental feature to import .py files), TextMeshPro

Github Link

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Player7

Player7

hmm.. I was just going to ask if this was with ironpython and project source confirms it.. I say that because I recently had a whole bunch of trouble getting ironpython working on android with 2017.3 just last week doing something similar to this.. and ultimately came down to ironpython and the required libs just not working on it. I believe one of the dll libraries scripting was the cause of it. This was with the still experimental net4.6.. worked fine on windows and editor builds though.. does this project setup work on android builds have you tried?

3. Alex_lemminG

Alex_lemminG

Works just fine for me. But it wouldnt compile if I use ".net 2.0 subset" Api compatibility level instead of ".net 2.0"

4. ll3v3ll

ll3v3ll

Looking forward to trying this.Thank you!

5. miniduck

miniduck

This is super great!

import ssl seems to throw errors on this end, same for you?