Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

PVRTC compressed textures are not supported when publishing to Standalone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by derkoi, Dec 5, 2018.

1. derkoi

derkoi

I've just tried to build my mobile game to Standalone and I'm getting lots of "PVRTC compressed textures are not supported when publishing to Standalone" errors.

I'm not aware I've set any compression to PVRTC for any textures in Standalone.

Anyone know what could be wrong? A google search doesn't come up with anything.

Thanks

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Are you sure you don't have any textures like that? Perhaps they're in asset bundles? Did you try enabling the callstacks for those error messages?

3. derkoi

derkoi

I have them PVRTC for Android, but not in standalone that I can see. If PVRTC is not supported, would I even be able to chose it for that platform?

Not sure how to enable the callstacks?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You wouldn't through UI, but possible via script or manually editing .meta files, I believe.

You can enable stacktrace logging like this:

upload_2018-12-6_11-41-51.png

5. derkoi

derkoi

Thanks, I'll take a look

6. derkoi

derkoi

So I enabled the stacktrace and tried again, this time it's a bunch of these errors:

None of my Standalone Import settings are overridden, I was going to change them all but when I select a lot of them, the options are greyed out. Don't fancy changing these one by one.

7. derkoi

derkoi

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Did that work? The error message told you the asset name (Assets/ProjectNotes/Resources/blue.png).

9. derkoi

derkoi

Hi, yes it worked. There was over 200 error messages not just the one I posted, they were all the same though, just for different files. Not yet sure if I'll run in to more issues when I next switch platform though.