Search Unity

PUYA 3d.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by puyaceo, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puyaceo

puyaceo

This is the model Steam Town. I model it and texture it.

2. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

Models look pretty good but I cant really see them well. And it looks really plain but again this is a WIP thread. What did you model this in?

3. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

It looks like the renderer from sketchup, im not sure though.

4. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

That is what I was thinking. God I wish sketchup was more compatable with games. The time it would take me to make a simple ugly model in my other programs I could make a phenomanal model in sketch up

5. puyaceo

puyaceo

I know, Sketchup is very nice for speed modeling. Though, I dont model with anything else. Here is some more pictures. This is more detailed. Also I throw in a Medieval House from Turbosquid to spice it up more and modify it with a interior etc..

I make somewhat of a train station WIP on it also. I am developing the "Item Shop" for this town also in there, make a Exterior and Interior wal, and some more interior etc., and Texture the pip some.

I can post more pictures as I design it, there are a lot of textures for projects.

Steam Town Tavern:
    Josh_sg1, Textures and some exterior and complete interior modeling.
    Mike, 3d model and texture of Steam Tavern Sign.
    Anonymous, Exterior Design, and panels.
    Yomama, Pictures, Screens, and Through in Character model for scope. [not by puya3d].

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  6. kilalamay

kilalamay

Here are some of my modeling for it, The Plane is by Mike, I destroyed it and made it crashed into the building like the Concepts.

Shooting Gallery for Different Town.

Different Town.

7. ModernCGI

ModernCGI

The models look pretty good. However, Sketchup is really bad for exporting geometry. Take a cube for example. If you export a simple cube from blender or maya it would have 6 polygons. But if you exported a cube from sketchup and imported it into unity it could have around 14 - 20 polygons. So if you plan on making a big game I would recommend learning blender or if you have money. 3ds max. I hate learing blender because I LOVE sketchup but that is what it takes :/

8. holyjewsus

holyjewsus

these images look pretty cool, do you have any plans for the map you are making, by plan I mean plan drawing, like site plan.

9. JeremiahPena

JeremiahPena

Learn to use Blender, but still model in Sketchup. I build the models in Sketchup, then export to Collada, and import it into Blender. After that, convert the tri's to quads for easier editing, and remove all the vertex doubles (Sketchup loves to have 3-4 redundant vertices in a single spot). Then you can apply materials and such.

I really like the look of that town! (Especially the house)

10. omarzonex

omarzonex

wowowowow

Cooooooooooooooool Nice

11. puyaceo

puyaceo

I notice that is it like that. There is something i the export that makes it not it that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.