Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

purchased content?

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by LSlugger, Jan 15, 2007.

1. LSlugger

LSlugger

Most of the discussion here is about importing your own content from one application or another. Does anyone have experience using purchased content?

I'm looking for models and textures to jump start a prototype, so cost is more important than quality, although I wouldn't mind some bump mapping, LOD, animations, etc.

2. joacoerazo_legacy

joacoerazo_legacy

I have used some content in other projects (Not Unity related projects), but, the idea behind those was the same and the main problem was the compatibility with the project needs, on all insatances (Visual look or style, textures and mesh construction, bones/skin managment and, of course, animation needs)

Always you are able to use content packs that fits better on the desired software but, if you want to make a simple sketch, I reccomend free stuff and later, when you have a polished code, buy (Or better make) the art stuff.

This is specially good for coders that have no artistic skills.

Hope this helps you.

3. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

I would ensure the models come in the fbx format. If they do i think you can be very certain they will import just fine. Also watch out for insane polycounts on the models before purchasing them. A lot of models which you can purchase are not for realtime use. As in a tank with 80.000 polygons where each screw is modelled.