Search Unity

Purchase: You are not authorized to set the license key - google play

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by mm1, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mm1

mm1

Hi, I tryed to add the google license key for my app in "Project settings" - "Services" - "In-App Purchasing"

I got that error message: "You are not authorized to set the license key"

Who can help?

Unity: 2020.1.0b6.3521
    Purchasing Package: 2.1.0

I am the owner of this project.

Thanks for help

Vaupell likes this.
  2. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

Please try to set it on the Dashboard.
    upload_2020-8-19_16-58-23.png

3. Dobax

Dobax

I am having the same issue. I cannot access anything from the dashboard in analytic settings. It just keeps telling me to allow analytics in the editor by adding my organization. I have done all this and followed the prompts but keep getting the same page in the dashboard. I cannot verify my google license in either method.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please share screenshots of your issue. You need to link your project to your Organization in the Services window. This link may work for you, substitute your own ProjectID/UPID https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/events/[UPID] (no brackets)

5. PMacDev

PMacDev

For me, I had to use the true owner account. Just having an account as an owner on the publisher was not enough, I had to add the key using a signed in account that created the project.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Interesting. Are you saying that with a typical project with potentially several Owners and/or Managers, only the true original project creator can make the setting?

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am having the same issue where Unity will not accept my Google License key in neither the Desktop app nor the web app. I am the owner on the project as it's just me. I have tried creating new Project IDs and linking to those. My Unity libraries are up to date. And yet, I am still not authorized?
    IAP_Authorized_Error.gif
    IAP_Web_Authorized_Error.gif
    I am using the License Key found under Google Play Console > Development tools > Services & APIs

8. PMacDev

PMacDev

Yes, that was my experience.

9. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

It seems that the Unity 2020 editor cannot fill in the key in the editor, please go to the Dashboard to fill in it.
    https://dashboard.unity3d.com/organizations/18966773335529/projects/UPID/analytics/configure (replace UPID with your project ID).

Before that, you need to enable Analytics. If the Dashboard does not refresh after enabling Analytics, please try to click this link to see whether you can see the Event Manager page.
    https://analytics.cloud.unity3d.com/events/UPID/ (replace UPID with your project ID).

10. lorddanger

lorddanger

Hello,
    For me analytics showing that it's not enabled on the project.
    And any Update on when the editor going to be fixed in 2020
    I am using 2020.1.12f1

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are working on this.

lorddanger likes this.
  12. rjenman

rjenman

Thank you, this immediately solved the problem, but the link in your comment is dead. It required me to manually figure out that dashboard.unity3d.com exists (it doesnt show up in google), manually figure out that I could select my project and find an "Analytics" menu (judging by the word "analytics" in your url) and paste the google key there. Your url doesn't even work if I paste "projects/UPID/analytics/configure" behind the long string of digits, and doing so causes the website to express that I have a specific problem with my project other than me attempting to put in a broken URL. Aside from that, actually figuring out what you intended us to do, and doing it, causes the destop Unity to immediately respond to the unity website having accepted the code from the Analytics screen on Unity3D dashboard website.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The previous URL incorrectly contained the OrganizationID, you could substitute your own. The Dashboard link is available at the top of the Services window, and from Package Manager.

sohamxbr likes this.
  14. bhive

bhive

Yes setting this at the Analytics Settings Page worked for me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.