Search Unity

Puppet2D - An advanced skeletal animation tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jamieniman, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Ox02

Ox02

Good day!
    Yeah, I did it.

2. jamieniman

jamieniman

It may be you don't need to export a png sequence - have you tried making the global control a child of a gameObject with the corgi character controller?

3. jamieniman

jamieniman

By any chance - is it possible your skinned mesh has had its quality settings set to 4 bones? (Puppet2D expects it to use 2 bone skinning)

upload_2019-7-31_12-18-10.png

4. Ox02

Ox02

N
    No. All time set to 2 bones. I never changing this setting

5. jamieniman

jamieniman

I'm baffled with this - I can't understand how the weights are being read/written consistently correct, whereas the skinning is behaving differently.

Are you able to make a package with the broken mesh and send it to me? puppet2d@gmail.com

Could you try making a new clean project with just Puppet2D and that image, and see if the weight painting issues happen?

By the way - what version of Unity, and which version of Puppet2D are u using?

6. Ox02

Ox02

Hello! I sended my scene

7. DJ_JW

DJ_JW

I am testing the AutoRig feature and have found that the sort layer of the left arm is wrong even with the Puppetbot, When you rig it the left hand and forearm sit in front of the hip and body.
    I see that there is a "Sort Bones" feature but this doesn't seem to do anything with Autorig (in fact I cannot see how to use this at all with a rigged character). Is there a way to sort the bones with autorig?
    Using 2019.2.2 with Puppet2D 3.7

8. Wanwidi5

Wanwidi5

Hi jamie
    Can puppet2d make stretchy bones? I mean not spline bones, but a regular bones that can stretch

And in skinned mesh, is there no UV animation? You know, to be able to move the UV from one picture to another
    Thanks

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  9. Pserpha

Pserpha

Hello Jamie,

is there a way to swap meshes?

I want to make a Character Creator with lots of different Clothing so the player can change shirts, pants, hat, etc. They cannot share the same UVs and it will be too many to store them all in the character prefab and enable/disable them. Is there an other way?

Any help would be appreciated :)