Search Unity

Third Party [PUN2] Would running lots of instances all in different rooms on one device cause bugs?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by missplaced_manic, Oct 4, 2021.

1. missplaced_manic

missplaced_manic

I am working on a little multiplayer project and all is well but when I decided to have loads of instances running I started getting bugs I never did before. It seems like the instances are getting commands not meant for them.

I am investigating now to see if I can replicate the problems but wanted to ask if anyone has run loads of instances all in different rooms on the same computer? One PC can play the game just fine as the host and three clients, but if I duplicate that a few times I seem to be having odd bugs.

2. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

I've tested my RPG with up to 16 clients running on the same PC with multiple rooms (including one per client) with no issues as you describe.

I would suspect something in your own code is the most likely reason. I have encountered similar issues myself, where the game bugs out once a certain number of clients have connected to a room, and the cause was my own mistake.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    missplaced_manic likes this.