Search Unity

1. We have added dedicated sub-forums for UNet, the experimental MLAPI and Unity Transport Package. Please use the new forums to discuss related topics.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. How can our website serve you better? Give us your feedback. Take our survey and let us know.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted PUN2, scenes seem separated through clients.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Jarumba, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Jarumba

Jarumba

I'm using PUN 2, and at the moment players are connecting to the server. The problem is that each player is seeing different things and I'm unsure why. I have a debug log showing the server name, current players, and max players. It is logging that there are multiple players in the lobby, but the players cannot see each others scenes. We have a test set up to instantiate a cube randomly in the scene using the photon instantiate, but it looks as if the scenes are running completely independently. I've tried to find similar situations in the forums, but I haven't found anything helpful. Do you guys have any idea why this is happening?

2. tobiass

tobiass

Hm. This is odd.
    I can only suggest to have a look at the PUN Basics Tutorial and start with the very basics.
    The prefabs need a PhotonView and should be instantiated when the player is in the room. If you switch scenes, make sure this doesn't destroy the networked object due to loading...

unityunity