Search Unity

Third Party (PUN2/Photon) Stop players from spawning in the same spot?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Chr0my, May 26, 2020.

1. Chr0my

Chr0my

Hi! First ever post here.

So, this isnt an original post but https://forum.unity.com/threads/any-way-to-stop-players-spawning-in-the-same-place.362666/ Didnt really help since my players dont move, they are stationary in their spawn.

Below is what i have as the spawning code. What would i need to add to this if i want to make sure no player spawns in the same spawn? Because currently they can/do.

Code (CSharp):
    2.     public void Spawn()
    3.     {
    4.         int randomNumber = Random.Range(0, spawnPoints.Length - 1);
    5.         Vector3 spawnPoint = spawnPoints[randomNumber].GetComponent<Transform>().position;
    6.         Debug.Log("Creating Player");
    7.         PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("Player", spawnPoint, Quaternion.identity, 0);
    8.     }
    (i have Spawn(); in Start())
    Non coder here, well i can code but pretty new and only basics.

2. tobiass

tobiass

Each connected player has a PhotonNetwork.LocalPlayer.ActorNumber which is unique.
    This could be used to place each joining player on a new spot.
    Downside: When a player leaves, the spot is empty.

Better:
    The PlayerNumbering component will handle leaving and joining players and assign player numbers. Let's say 1 to 4 in a 4 player room / game.
    Place 4 objects in the scene as "spawn point marker" and assign numbers 1 to 4. Pretty much done.

Dima_96 likes this.
  3. arvindchetu

arvindchetu

PhotonNetwork.LocalPlayer.ActorNumber is used for such this thing . This could be used to place each joining player on a new spot. Otherwise a simple integer counter can do your work on just increase that value at time of instantiating of players.