Search Unity

Third Party [PUN2] I can use local server A fine, but local server B kicks me out when I try to create a room

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by PascalTheDog, Oct 22, 2021.

1. PascalTheDog

PascalTheDog

Hey,

I'm working on a Quest 2 VR game with local multiplayer using Photon PUN, and I get to test out my builds in a VR arcade once in a while.

I successfully set up a local server using one of the public VR-dedicated computers on the premise as a test. I can connect to the server from the VR headset game, create a room and see other players who join. Nice. Of course that particular computer was never meant to be the actual server as that would be unpractical, so I decided to move on to a dedicated computer that happens to be brand new and repeat the same steps. What could go wrong?

Of course, that's where the troubles start. The second setup process was as smooth and straightforward as the first. I can connect to the server from the VR headset game alright, but when I try to create a room I get promptly kicked out from the server — and then it throws a generic "Exception", which is a bit vague. If I try again immediately afterwards, the room joining process fails and I'm told the "UserId already joined the specified game (JoinMode=1)".

This is puzzling to say the least: the setup is exactly the same as before. Both computers are even connected to the very same router using Ethernet. The server runs fine on the brand new computer, but for some reason it just won't let me create a room. I assumed this might be a permission issue, so I removed or disabled every possible source of interference I could think of (antivirus, firewall, etc) to no avail. I'm kinda baffled.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

2. tobiass

tobiass

Did you copy over the folder with the complete Photon Server?
    Sounds as if you just forgot to update the Game Server IP in the config.
    Would like to see the exact exception you got in this case (and to know the PUN 2 version you use).

3. PascalTheDog

PascalTheDog

Hey tobiass,

Yes, everything's in there. The Photon Server folders are identical on both computers.
    I don't think I changed anything in the config of any of the servers, and the first one works fine.
    DisconnectCause only returns "Exception", with no specifics; it doesn't say it's a socket reset exception or anything, just "Exception". I'm using v2.36.

If that's any use, here are all the logs I could gather for both servers: https://we.tl/t-RxwSAB041h

4. tobiass

tobiass

Sorry, I was off for a while.
    What is the status here?