Search Unity

Third Party PUN2 - Change Master Client on Disconnect

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Only4gamers, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Only4gamers

Only4gamers

Hello everyone,
    I am new in Game Development and completely new in Multiplayer Networking. I am creating a Racing game and somehow I succeed to implement online multiplayer on my game using PUN2 and I am using Unity 2019.4.6f1. Everything is working fine except one thing. When Master Client is leaving the game, everyone disconnecting instantly. I searched everywhere but didn't find any solution. How to switch Master Client on disconnect and continue my game normally?
    Thanks.

2. tobiass

tobiass

Normally, PUN does not disconnect the other players, when one leaves.
    Something you do triggers this but we can't know what it is. Look out for calls of Disconnect and such.

Only4gamers likes this.
  3. SirKnightDragoon

SirKnightDragoon

Normally Photon Pun 2 automatically changes master. If the master leaves, a client is automatically chosen to replace it.

Did you compare your implementation with the demos that came with the unity package?

https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/v2/gameplay/hostmigration

Look here, he explains all that to you and also gives you methods to do it manually with some advice.

Only4gamers likes this.
  4. junior52999

junior52999

How can I switch MasterClient at game time to another player? I'm looking if there's a way to set another player to MasterClient during game.

5. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

6. vahiktoro

vahiktoro

did you find the problem?