Search Unity

Third Party Pun2 and Animator Question! (Off-Topic?)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Feretro, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Feretro

Feretro

Hello!
    Sorry if I posted an off-topic (This is not PUN forum, I know, but I'd need some help!)

I was following a Tutorial and I managed to have two or more player in a simple 3D scene (Great! I thought) but ... here's a new problem! In that tutorial they were using a simple "Capsule" object whereas I was using a "Free Asset character".

Before I did the PUN stuff, my character was waling forward, backwards, and turning around. Simple animations using BOOL stuff (isWalkingForward, isWalkingBackwards). Now, while in the scene I can see ALL the characters idling animations (Of course! Bools are FALSE). But when players moves i can see only MY character's animations (Moving arms and legs), other characters just "slide" on the ground. Of course, all players can see their OWN animation working but not others. What do you suggest me to do?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

You can either send an RPC to other clients telling them which animation to play, or add logic to the character controller that automatically plays the correct animation depending on whether the character is moving or not.

The second option would result in less network traffic and would be my preferred approach where possible.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019