Search Unity

Help Wanted [PUN] Sending specific player property to an instantiated player controller. How do you do it?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ghegi, Nov 17, 2020.

1. ghegi

ghegi

Anyone here who knows photon PUN that can help? Basically this is my problem.

So in the room just before the start of a game, you are able to choose a color of your own, and I've put them in a custom player properties so it can travel through scenes. Now when the game starts, I can set my own characters color that I chose except those who are not my player.

```cs
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start()
    2.     {
    3.         if(!PV.IsMine)
    4.         {
    5.             Destroy(GetComponentInChildren<Camera>().gameObject);
    6.         }
    7.         else
    8.         {
    9.             playerModel.layer = 9;
    10.             Material mat = myPlayer.material;
    11.             mat = (Material)Resources.Load((string)PhotonNetwork.LocalPlayer.CustomProperties["Color"], typeof(Material));
    12.             myPlayer.material = mat;
    13.         }
    14.     }`
    ```
    This code only applies to the local player. I want to be able to do this with other players as well and then I tried this:
    ```cs
    Code (CSharp):
    1. `void Start()
    2.     {
    3.         if(!PV.IsMine)
    4.         {
    5.             Destroy(GetComponentInChildren<Camera>().gameObject);
    6.             Material mat = myPlayer.material;
    7.             mat = (Material)Resources.Load((string)PhotonNetwork.LocalPlayer.CustomProperties["Color"], typeof(Material));
    8.             myPlayer.material = mat;
    9.         }
    10.         else
    11.         {
    12.             playerModel.layer = 9;
    13.             Material mat = myPlayer.material;
    14.             mat = (Material)Resources.Load((string)PhotonNetwork.LocalPlayer.CustomProperties["Color"], typeof(Material));
    15.             myPlayer.material = mat;
    16.         }
    17.     }`
    ```
    But this just uses the same property as yours for everyone else so basically, they all got the same colors. Maybe there is a way for the local player to know that that exact player controller should have this exact color. I just don't know how to do it.

2. tobiass

tobiass

I think I replied to this exact question on Discord, right?
    If that helped and you found a solution, maybe you could update this thread. Or let us know where you're stuck.

3. ghegi

ghegi

You did reply but it's on the forum of photon. Do you have a discord server?? Can I join?

and yes ofcourse

4. tobiass

tobiass

unityunity